Saturday, February 24, 2018

Imagine If Mystery Queen Had Not Gotten Renewed


So I gotta be honest here and admit that yes, I can imagine a world where Mystery Queen doesn't get a season two. When I read something online - before people knew about the second season - about how the ending was so awful because there's no guarantee of a second season, I thought the drama would end with someone on the floor bleeding out from a gunshot wound or something. That didn't happen: season one of the drama actually finishes off quite nicely. I guess I do see what people mean though, especially after that huge reveal about a minute before season one of the drama ended. I'm used to those endings because it's the same kind of thing American shows do at the end of the season, hoping that they get renewed, but with know way to be one hundred percent sure about it. I haven't seen anything similar in a drama yet, however, so I suppose I can comprehend the hysteria that must have overtaken fans.

Luckily for me, I literally only just finished season one of Mystery Queen, and I enjoyed every bit of banter it offered. I'm a huge Sherlock Holmes fan, so this show with the main character reminiscent of him and her wonderful, wonderful partner has been really great, not to mention refreshing thanks to the lack of romance. Or I suppose it's a perceived lack of romance, because there's tons of chemistry between the two - I guess we'll see if it goes any further in the next season. I love the two the way they are now, and honestly, I can't easily imagine a romance between them, but...we'll find out in the next couple of weeks. Personally, I'm up for anything, but hopefully whatever the writers choose to do doesn't take away from the pair's beautiful partnership.

Season two premieres this Wednesday, February 28.

Edit: What in the world was I thinking, saying that I couldn't imagine a romance between the two leads within the confines of this drama? I'm one episode away from finishing the second season and the romance is the only way to go following season one. Writers, actors, I applaud you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @itsmepreethi on Instagram