Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Bid Adieu To Crazy Ex-Girlfriend


I started watching Crazy Ex-Girlfriend back when I watched American television and had no idea about Korean dramas, but it quickly became an enjoyable show thanks to its many hilarious musical sequences. Also I am - was? - kind of a CW junkie at the time, so there's that. A couple seasons in, I watched Crazy Ex as more of a routine kind of thing than because I was genuinely in love with the show, but this final season has warmed up my heart and yes, this show really was one of a kind and in a level of its own.

Probably my favorite part of the final season was how ridiculously meta and self-aware it was. It's hard to think way back to season one, but this show has really gone so far. Every episode in this fourth season was a pleasure to watch - although I'm pretty sure this is true of every season - and the last few episodes have really stirred up my heartstrings. I personally love the way the writers chose to end the show but at the same time I'm totally squeezing my hands into fists because now I have to know whether Rebecca wants to be with Nathaniel or Greg. Gah! I know the show couldn't have ended any other way and still be satisfying, but I like answers. Even though her choice of man is obviously not point of the show, duh. But if I were to hazard a guess, I'd say that she would've chosen Greg because he was literally perfect for her, but my favorite out of the three love interests is hands down Nathaniel - I adore that weirdo and equally adored his rom-com remake episode.

The live musical medley with the cast that finished off the season was maybe the best part? It reminded me all over again why I love the show and we even got to hear throwback songs from season one like I'm So Good at Yoga - I remember sharing this song with my high school girlfriends LOL - and Period Sex (it was such a weird song, but so catchy - as are most of the songs on this show.) Thank you for a great four years, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. And thank you, Netflix - without you, I never would've watched past season two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @itsmepreethi on Instagram