Monday, May 13, 2019

Voice 3 Is Already Shattering Me To My Core


A few weeks ago I began watching Voice 2 on a whim - I'd watched Voice last summer - and found myself binging it within about two days and agonizing over the wait for Voice 3. My twitter header is currently Voice 2 related and I regret nothing. I know people have been disappointed by the second season and claim that nothing can compare to season one, but I genuinely have no idea what they're talking about. I thought Voice was great, sure, but the leads didn't have any chemistry. And then Voice 2 comes along and BLAM! I'm hooked on these two leads along with the brilliant writers, and after a painfully long wait of not that many weeks, I've been watching and re-watching the first two episodes in this new season over and over.

Thirty minutes in, I'd been afraid that Voice 3 wasn't going to live up to its predecessor, but I was way off-base. Things started picking up as soon as the leads met up again, both sizzle-wise and plot-wise. The case presented in these first two episodes is just as brilliant as we've come to expect from the minds behind the drama, and I need it to be next Saturday already. This is one of those dramas where I cry every time the episode ends because I want more: I can't wait to see what's in store for our beloved characters next. On a related note, why is Team Leader Do's life so hard?? He seriously needs a break (although I am so here for the drama in the meanwhile).

The way Do Kang-woo looks at Kang Kwon-joo. *flails* *swoons*
This drama destroys me.

My favorite dialogue from the first episode:

Do Kang-woo: You're still the same. You don't care about anything when you're saving people.
Kang Kwon-joo: I think it's better than someone who says things differently after disappearing for ten months and becoming a different person. I never imagined that you would be here as an illegal alien.
Do Kang-woo: You never know what people think. So don't trust people too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @itsmepreethi on Instagram